VIAVI has recently released the latest software updates for several of its devices used for testing and measuring the performance of different networks. These devices include MTS-8000E, MTS-6000A MSAM & CSAM, the MTS-5800, the MAP-2100, and the SmartClass 4800.
The updated software includes new test options and features that can help these devices test networks more effectively and efficiently. These new capabilities enable network tests at higher speeds and with better accuracy, which can provide valuable insights into the network’s performance.
With the new software, users of these devices can conduct network tests more quickly and easily, saving time and improving their productivity. This can be particularly important in situations where network issues need to be identified and addressed promptly to minimize disruptions and downtime.
New Orderable Options
- NTP Testing Test the quality of NTP clock distribution to identify problems with asymmetric latency, packet delay variation, and excess wander.
- C37.94 Testing Test the C39.94 protocol to ensure that teleprotection equipment used in utility networks can communicate seamlessly.
- 100G & 40G Layer 4 Testing Ensure that 100G and 40G network are fully functional by sending UDP and TCP payloads end to-end.
No-Cost Feature Enhancements
- Launch Tests from the Fusion Test Controller Fully automated testing from a web UI with the Fusion Test controller. Simply connect the instrument to the controller and let the Fusion do the rest.
- CPRI Enhancements Now generate two CW tones to measure distance to PIM and overlay multiple spectrum plots on a single graph.
- 10G PTP Check Testing IEEE 1588v2 PTP has never been easier with PTP Check; it now supports both 1G and 10G interface rates.
- MAP-2100 Optical Switch Support Add one to four optical switches to the MAP-2100 to easily choose which line interface to use for test traffic.
- Per Port Test Lock Coordinate with remote users by individually locking each test port.
- Report Geolocation Automatically add geolocation to your test reports when connected to the built-in GNSS receiver or the Mobile Tech app. Get the app on iOS or Android.
Just use StrataSync to push the new software directly to your test instruments or use the links below to upgrade manually: