Mid Span Slit & Ring Tool (9.8mm – 18.2mm)
The MS-526 Mid Span Slit and Ring Tool is a special tool designed to access optical fibres in Corning Altos loose tube cable with binderless FastAccess technology, as well as other similar thin-walled jackets with 9.8 to 18.2 mm diameter. This patented and award-winning tool is an upgrade to the Jonard Tools MS-6 and MS-26 Fibre Optic Mid Span Slitting Tools, with the addition of a ring feature that makes it even more versatile.
With this tool, accessing optical fibres has never been easier. It provides a quick and easy way to access optical fibres in various types of cables. This tool is ideal for anyone who needs to access optical fibres in their work, including fibre optic technicians and installers.
Groove Sizes: 9.8-10.2 mm | 11.8-12.2 mm | 15.4-15.8 mm | 17.8-18.2 mm
The PATENTED and award-winning MS-526 Mid Span Slit and Ring Tool is designed to provide easy access to optical fibres in Corning Altos loose tube cable with binderless FastAcess technology (as well as other similar thin-walled 9.8 to 18.2 mm diameter jackets). Building on the popularity of the Jonard Tools MS-6 and MS-26 Fibre Optic Mid Span Slitting Tools, we have incorporated a ring feature in the tool to make it even more versatile.
Features and Benefits:
- Consists of 4 precision slitting grooves and 4 precision ring grooves ranging in size from 9.8 mm to 18.2 mm
- One side of the tool performs radial/ring cuts and the other side slits the cable (longitudinal cut)
- Compact design weighing less than 277 g with included tethering hole makes it perfect to use in tight spaces or on the go
- The indicator line on top of the unit indicates the position of the blade for accurate slitting and ringing
- This tool was specially designed for use on Corning Altos® loose tube with FastAccess® technology cables and other similar style cables
- Replacement blade set available, part number: MS-526RB
- Blades last for 5,000 slits/cuts
- All of MS Series Mid Span Tools are patented for their unique design and functionality. The MS-426 won the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Gold award for innovation whilst the MS-6 won the same prestigious award in 2018!
- Cut Type: Slit, Ring
- Number of Slitting Grooves: 4
- Number of Ringing Grooves: 4
- Cable Type: Corning Altos® with FastAccess®
- Cable Diameter: 9.8 mm-18.2 mm
- Dimensions: 9.1 cm x 3.9 cm x 8.6 cm (3.58″ x 1.53″ x 3.37″)
- Weight: 276.94 g (0.61 lb)
Cleaning Tool MPO Connector Cleaner$148.00 incl GST View product
Fibre Optic Cleaning Fluid with Convenient Probe, 58mL$30.50 incl GST View product
Fibre Optic Cleaning Tool for 1.25mm Connectors, Easy To Use One Click Cleaner LC$102.00 incl GST View product
SC Fibre Cleaner, 2.5mm Fibre Optic Connector Cleaner$128.00 incl GST View product