Mid Span Slitter Tool (1.2mm – 3.3mm)
The MS-6 Mid Span Slitter is a tool that helps technicians easily access optical fibres in outer jackets and loose buffer tubes. This award-winning tool has six precision grooves that can handle different cable sizes. Its ergonomic design is sleek and allows technicians to open fibre jackets or buffer tubes without damaging the fibre inside.
Groove Sizes: 1.2-1.5 mm | 1.5-1.8 mm | 1.8-2.1 mm | 2.1-2.5 mm | 2.5-2.9 mm | 2.9-3.3 mm
The patented and award-winning MS-6 Mid Span Slitter is designed to provide easy access to optical fibres in outer jackets and loose buffer tubes. With 6 precision grooves to handle various cable sizes, the sleek ergonomic design allows you to open a fibre jacket or buffer tube without damaging the fibre inside.
Features and Benefits:
- Consists of 6 precision slitting grooves ranging in size from 1.2 mm to 3.3 mm
- Compact design weighing less than 75g with included tethering hole makes it perfect to use in tight spaces or on the go
- Indicator line on top of the unit indicates the position of the blade for accurate slitting and ringing
- This tool was specially designed for use on OFS EZ-Bend® 3.0 mm cable and also works with Corning’s outdoor ALTOS® loose tube, Microduct MiniXtend® HD and MiniXtend® cable with binderless FastAccess® Technology, indoor/outdoor FREEDM® and LSZH® loose tube cables, PPC Semiflex 3 mm cable, and other similar style cables
- Replacement blade set available, part number: MSB-1533
- Blades last for 5,000 slits/cuts
- All the MS Series Mid Span Tools are patented for their unique design and functionality. The MS-426 won the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Gold award for innovation. Whilst this MS-6 Mid Span Slitter won the same prestigious award in 2018!
- Cut Type : Slit
- Number of Slitting Grooves : 6
- Cable Type : Outer Jackets, Loose Buffer Tubes
- Cable Diameter : 1.2 mm-3.3 mm
- Dimensions : 5.6 cm x 2.1 cm x 3.8 cm (2.20″ x 0.83″ x 1.50″ )
- Weight : 42.222 g (0.09 lb)