VIAVI Solutions first to introduce solution for new Passive Optical Network (PON) architecture
New certification solution for deployment, maintenance & troubleshooting of unbalanced (or tapered) splitter PON architectures
VIAVI becomes the first to offer a test and certification solution to support new Passive Optical Network (PON) architectures based on unbalanced (or tapered) splitters. The new capability adds to an already comprehensive feature set of PON OTDR products and FTTH-SLM application to form the industry’s most advanced solution for certifying traditional and new unbalanced (or tapered) splitter PON architectures end to end. Ensuring network deployment, activation and maintenance tasks happen right – the first time.
- Certify any PON regardless of architecture or splitter type (balanced or unbalanced)
- Successfully deploy and maintain PON in longer reach rural FTTH applications
- Detect, identify and characterize unbalanced splitters & cascades
- Easy result interpretation, icon based view with clear pass/fail info and event diagnosis
- Future proofed for Next Gen PON including architectures with high split ratio (1×128)
Combining all PON, Ethernet and high-end WiFi test interfaces makes the Companion suitable for use in a wide range of access networks for FTTH, 5G front-haul, CATV, and xDSL/Gfast.
For more information on the FTTH-SLM unbalanced splitter application, please call us on 1800 COVERTEL (1800 268 378) or send us an email at email@example.com