Stand Alone Fast Ethernet
Stand Alone Fast Ethernet Media Converter, 100BASE-TX (RJ-45) to 100BASE-FX
The key features;
- Operates under heavy traffic loads without excess heat, so there is no need for a failure-prone internal fan.
- Round trip delay of only 40 bit times—far below the Class II rating of 92 bit times.
- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u)
Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link.
Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration.
- Link Pass Through
Link Pass Through is a troubleshooting feature that allows the media converter to monitor both the fiber and copper RX ports for loss of signal.
- Far End Fault (FEF)
A troubleshooting feature that is generally used in conjunction with Link Pass Through to notify both end devices of a loss of link.
- Automatic Link Restoration
Transition Networks’s converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions.
- Pause (IEEE 802.3xy)
Pause signaling is an IEEE feature that temporarily suspends data transmission between two devices in the event that one of the devices becomes overwhelmed.
- The converters will also automatically re-establish link when connected to two 10/100 auto-negotiating switches if link is lost. With other manufacturers’ converters the user must intervene to re-establish link.