SignalShark Outdoor Unit
Real-Time Outdoor Monitoring Receiver
SignalShark® is a Real-Time Outdoor Remote Monitoring Receiver that detects, analyzes, classifies, and locates RF signals between 8 kHz and 8 GHz. It supports automatic direction finding and localization, and is perfect for fixed installations or semi-static use. It has outstanding RF performance and is equipped with a Windows 10-based open platform for third-party applications. The SignalShark 3330 Outdoor Unit is characterized by its robust and weatherproof die-cast aluminum housing with IP65 protection class, and its compact size allows for short antenna cables and high sensitivity.
The SignalShark 3330 Outdoor Unit is a powerful and reliable outdoor remote signal analyzer for detecting, analyzing, classifying, and localizing radio frequency (RF) signals between 8 kHz and 8 GHz. This real-time outdoor monitoring receiver is built to provide outstanding performance, with a wideband frequency monitoring capability and an extremely fast scan rate of up to 50 GHz/s. With its 40 MHz real-time instantaneous bandwidth and high frequency resolution, the SignalShark can cover entire frequency bands and detect weak signals in the presence of strong transmitters.
This real-time outdoor monitoring receiver is characterized by its compact and robust design, which includes a weatherproof die-cast aluminum housing with an IP65 protection class that also serves as a heat sink. This design allows the receiver to be mounted close to the antennas, reducing the length of antenna cables and improving the resulting sensitivity.
The SignalShark’s high sensitivity and dynamic range ensure that signals of interest are not hidden in the noise floor and that signal artifacts due to intermodulation are not mistaken for real signals. The real-time spectrum’s extraordinary high FFT overlap guarantees the reliable detection of extremely short and/or infrequent signal events. The modulation analysis and occupied bandwidth measurements aid regulators in ensuring the intended usage of the spectrum. The audio demodulator helps classify analog modulated transmissions under investigation, while the I/Q streaming enables third-party software to classify and decode digital transmissions. The automatic DF antennas from Narda and the integrated statistical localization algorithm make it possible to localize transmitters based on Angle of Arrival (AOA), and SignalShark has already been integrated into third-party Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) systems, proving its superior synchronization properties and ease of integration.
The SignalShark 3330 series also offers three switchable antenna inputs, an integrated GNSS receiver, and the option of using automatic DF antennas for direction finding and localization. The Windows 10-based operating system provides an open platform for third-party applications, and the efficient Intel quad-core processor ensures that the device has the necessary performance despite a maximum power consumption of 45 W.
The SignalShark 3330 series has different versions that cover a wide range of applications.
- The 3330/101 SignalShark Outdoor Unit PoE Basic Set provides both data communication and power supply via a single Gigabit Ethernet connection, making it ideal for fixed installations and modernizing existing infrastructure.
- The 3330/102 SignalShark Outdoor Unit Modem R1 Basic Set uses a mobile radio modem for data communication, allowing for a direct VPN connection setup. This variant offers the greatest flexibility, with a DC voltage source of 10 VDC to 30 VDC providing power supply, making it perfect for special events and self-sufficient installation.
With German design and manufacturing, the SignalShark 3330 Outdoor Unit series is a reliable and versatile device that can be used for a wide range of applications, from mounting on a lamppost to self-sufficient installation at the “green border.”
- Frequency range 8 kHz to 8 GHz
- IP65-rated robust and weatherproof die-cast aluminum housing
- Stand-alone operation with LTE modem and DC power supply
- Low power consumption
- Open platform
- Additional third-party applications can be executed on the Windows 10-based device with Intel quad-core processor.
- Wideband frequency monitoring with an extremely fast scan rate of up to 50 GHz/s
- Covers whole frequency bands with a 40 MHz real-time instantaneous bandwidth and a very high frequency resolution
- FFT overlap at least 75 %
- FFT size: up to 16 384
- Reliable signal detection due to signal duration with 100 % POI
> 3.125 µs without attenuation and spectral growth
> 2 ns with attenuation proportional to the spectral growth
- Measures weak signals in the presence of strong transmitters with a receiver based High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- ITU-compliant measurements and applications
- Two independent FFT and receiver path allowing signal visualization as well as signal analysis and demodulation at a time.
- Common used SCPI standard for remote control
- VITA 49 streaming (sample rate up to 25.6 MHz) allowing storage and post processing of the signal raw data.
- VITA 49 FFT-Streaming allows an overview of the spectrum with up to 40 MHz bandwidth.
- German designed and manufactured
To download available software and firmware updates, watch videos or for more information, please visit the Narda STS website here.