OTDR Fundamentals & Testing
This course gives a solid understanding of an Optical Time Domain Reflectometer. It will give technicians the essential knowledge to be able to configure, operate and interpret results using an OTDR, along with equipment specific info on saving configurations and results.
Note: You can bring your own OTDR to this training, or use one of ours.
The course objective is to;
- Understand the principles essential to operating an OTDR
- Understand the theory & process for fibre testing
- Understand the effect of OTDR configuration parameters
- Be able to identify & locate events on a fibre using an OTDR
- Be able to create and export reports from your OTDR