OCC-4056C DWDM Optical Channel Checker Module
for T-BERD/MTS-2000, -4000 V2, -5800 V2 Platforms
High-performance DWDM Optical Channel Checker module for deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting of DWDM fiber networks
VIAVI Solutions introduces the 4100-series DWDM Optical Channel Checker (OCC-4056C) for its T-BERD/MTS-2000, 4000, and 5800 platforms, forming the industry’s most comprehensive set of CWDM and DWDM test solutions. As DWDM technology continues to migrate into access networks, technicians require a comprehensive set of cost-optimized DWDM test tools. The OCC-4056C optical performance, combined with the T-BERD®/MTS platform’s suite of capabilities, ensure that deployment, activation and maintenance tasks happen right – the first time.
- Successfully deploy and maintain passive DWDM, signals for Fiber Deep, Remote-PHY and C-RAN / 5G applications
- Qualify any DWDM channel or transceiver ITU-T channel number, frequency and power level, drift and spacing
- Validate new wavelength routes through MUX/DeMUX using a fixed or tunable DWDM source in the SFP bay
- Comprehensive qualification and troubleshooting solution for C- or DWDM or hybrid networks when combined with CWDM channel checker and CWDM or DWDM OTDR modules
- Supports C-band applications (Ch61 to Ch12) and ITU-T G.692 DWDM grid with 50/100 and 200GHz channel spacing
Portable and lightweight, most compact DWDM OCC solution available for wavelength validation, certification and troubleshooting
DWDM technology has been well adopted in long-haul transmissions for decades. With the growing need for bandwidth driven by data-hungry applications and business services, passive DWDM technology has now found its way into access networks. Cable operators migrating to and deploying Remote-PHY and DWDM-enabled business services and wireless operators moving to DWDM for CRAN fronthaul or as part of 5G all require a simple way to validate routes to connect new customers and to troubleshoot faulty links in a timely manner without disrupting existing services.