VIAVI Makes Remote Testing in Data Centers Easy
Rack-mounted 100G Network Tester Allows Efficient, Remote Testing
VIAVI launched the new MAP-2100 which is essentially a rack-mounted version of the award-winning MTS-5800 100G Handheld Network Fiber Tester. Designed from direct feedback from one of the world’s largest hyperscale data center operators, the MAP-2100 enables users to securely run high-performance bit error rate tests in remote, unmanned data centers.
Test units in remote locations are securely accessed and controlled in a safe manner. You can choose to use VIAVI’s own tools such as the new vNet Fusion platform, which helps to manage and activate tests and services on virtual networks from a central location, or other commonly used methods like SCPI or VNC, which use encryption to protect your data.
The one tool data center operators need to remotely test transmission quality of the network connecting its data centers, central offices, or head ends.
The MAP-2100 was initially designed with hyperscale data centers in mind, which are massive facilities that handle a lot of data processing and storage. However, the versatility of the MAP-2100 means that it can be beneficial in a range of other environments beyond data centers. For instance, head offices could find it useful for managing their networks and services, while factories that produce goods could use the MAP-2100 to streamline their manufacturing processes. Additionally, submarine landing stations, which are locations where submarine cables that carry internet traffic connect to land-based networks, could also benefit from using the MAP-2100. In short, the MAP-2100 is a versatile technology solution that can provide benefits across multiple industries and settings.
Watch this video of PLM Guylain Barlow talking about the MAP-2100 at OFC.
- Ethernet testing, 1G through 100G line rates; 10G, 25G, 40G, 100G
- Complete support of protocols including Ethernet, OTN, SONET/DSH, PDH, Fibre Channel up to 32G, CPRI
- Rack-mounted, 1U 19” wide; there are also two kits available for 21” and 23”
- Industry’s fastest RFC 2544 and Y.1564 SAMComplete Ethernet service activation test including nanosecond accurate latency measurements. Also supports RFC 6349 TrueSpeed
Secure Remote Access Remotely via:
- VNC: Virtual Network Computing (VNC).Signals can be secured using VNC with encryption.
- SCPI: An open, IEEE command format for programmable instruments
- VIAVI Smart Access Anywhere: Enables remote control from a PC browser, smartphone, or tablet, for launching tests or providing support to techs on site.
- VIAVI vNet Fusion: Virtual Test and Performance Monitoring platform designed to integrate and control multiple test points, both virtual and physical, across a network.