Rack-mounted 100G Network Tester Allows Efficient, Remote Testing
VIAVI launched the new MAP-2100 which is essentially a rack-mounted version of the award-winning T-BERD/MTS-5800-100G. Designed from direct feedback from one of the world’s largest hyperscale data center operators, the MAP-2100 enables users to securely run high-performance bit error rate tests in remote, unmanned data centers.
Test units in remote locations are securely accessed and controlled with the user’s choice of either VIAVI-developed tools like the new vNet Fusion platform, our solution for centralized test and service activation in virtual networks, or industry-standard methods, like SCPI or VNC with encryption.
The one tool data center operators need to remotely test transmission quality of the network connecting its data centers, central offices, or head ends.
Although designed with hyperscale data centers in mind, there are other environments that will find the MAP-2100 attractive as well, including head end/central offices, manufacturing production environments, and submarine landing stations.
Watch this video of PLM Guylain Barlow talking about the MAP-2100 at OFC.
- Ethernet testing, 1G through 100G line rates; 10G, 25G, 40G, 100G
- Complete support of protocols including Ethernet, OTN, SONET/DSH, PDH, Fibre Channel up to 32G, CPRI
- Rack-mounted, 1U 19” wide; there are also two kits available for 21” and 23”
- Industry’s fastest RFC 2544 and Y.1564 SAMComplete Ethernet service activation test including nanosecond accurate latency measurements. Also supports RFC 6349 TrueSpeed
Secure Remote Access Remotely via:
- VNC: Virtual Network Computing (VNC). Signals can be secured using VNC with encryption.
- SCPI: An open, IEEE command format for programmable instruments
- VIAVI Smart Access Anywhere: Enables remote control from a PC browser, smartphone, or tablet, for launching tests or providing support to techs on site.
- VIAVI vNet Fusion: Virtual Test and Performance Monitoring platform designed to integrate and control multiple test points, both virtual and physical, across a network.
For more information, please call us on 1800 COVERTEL (1800 268 378) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org