Ethernet & TCP/IP, MPLS
in Modern Networks
$1,094.50 incl GST
Due to COVID restrictions, this training will be conducted via live online ZOOM session
This course explains how Ethernet and Switches interact with IP and Routers to form LAN’s and WAN’s. We will explain the framing, V-LAN’s & prioritisation, traffic profiles, and how to test the UNI and then the EVC traffic profiles using standards based tests. We then explore the Internet Protocol, v4 subnetting, v6 addressing, quality of service levels, security & VPN’s and the emergence of MPLS as a reliable transport technology. Learn how these technologies are shaping modern networks into “All Ethernet & IP” Infrastructures connecting us to the Internet, the World Wide Web, and everything beyond.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Technical managers, network design engineers, software engineers, installation, commissioning and maintenance engineers and anyone needing a detailed technical understanding of today’s Layer 2/3 networks and how to test them to ensure SLA conformance.
SOME COURSE BENEFITS:
- Understand how LAN & WAN technologies interconnect to form “next generation” architectures
- Know the technical benefits and limitations of the technologies
- Plan, Design and Test these networks effectively
- Ensure SLA’s are being met
- Understand the technologies and how the protocols interact
- Understand the technical interactions of “data friendly” Ethernet, TCP/IP and MPLS
- Be able to properly test both Ethernet Services and IP Application channels