Scorpion-USB™ 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Adapter
Scorpion-USB™ 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Adapter
To create an EMI-secure data connection between a USB port on a PC, laptop or tablet and a 1000Mbps Ethernet fiber port on a switch, use Transition Networks Scorpion-USB™ 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Adapter. This unique USB to fiber adapter is ideal for use in applications where wireless transmission is not the preferred technology due to security concerns or where copper lacks the bandwidth, distance or security for sharing data-intensive files. The Scorpion-USB Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Adapter allows a computing device which does not have a fiber port to connect to a fiber-based Ethernet network through its USB interface quickly, reliably and securely.
The Scorpion-USB™ 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Adapter is designed specifically for laptop, notebook, and tablet PCs running today’s most popular operating systems and deployed in fiber-rich networking environments, the Scorpion-USB Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Adapter allows a secure connection to a fiber based Gigabit Ethernet network through a USB 3.0 port. Just plug the adapter into the USB port, install the driver, and the connection is ready.
Key Features and Benefits
- Gigabit Ethernet fiber connection through USB 3.0 interface accommodates high bandwidth services faster, further and more securely than copper or wireless transmission
- Bus powered device, no external power supply needed
- Multimode SC, LC, or industry standard SFP fiber port
- SFP version supports dual speed 100/1000Mbps SFP Modules
- LEDs to indicate USB Speed / Activity and fiber Link / Activity
- Supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging
- Plastic ABS enclosure with a 9” pigtail to USB type-A connector
- WHQL-certified drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10; Linux and MacIntosh 10.6 to 10.11 drivers also available