ATX 2GHz GigaXtend Hardline MultiPort Taps
The GigaXtend™ family of taps is a range of devices that help improve the performance of cable networks, which are commonly known as Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial (HFC) networks. These networks use a combination of fiber-optic and coaxial cables to deliver various services like television, internet, and telephone to homes and businesses.
The main advantage of using GigaXtend™ taps is that they offer immediate cost savings and better performance for existing HFC networks. This means that cable operators can upgrade their networks without spending a fortune and provide better service to their customers.
Additionally, GigaXtend™ taps enable cable operators to easily increase the bandwidth capabilities of their HFC networks to 2GHz and beyond. Bandwidth refers to the amount of data that can be transmitted over a network in a given period of time. By extending the bandwidth, cable operators can support higher speeds and deliver more data-intensive services, such as ultra-high-definition video and faster internet connections.
The GigaXtend™ family of taps is a technology that can bring immediate cost and performance benefits to existing HFC networks. This technology also enables cable operators to extend the bandwidth capabilities of their HFC networks up to 2GHz and beyond.
For MSOs (Multiple System Operators) looking to minimize costs associated with N+0 deployments or reduce the need for additional amplifiers during bandwidth upgrades, GigaXtend technology is essential. It can also eliminate the need to re-space amplifiers.
Another advantage of GigaXtend is that it allows for RF performance beyond 3GHz through a simple faceplate upgrade in the future. GigaXtend is compatible with any delivery technology, including Frequency Division Duplexed (FDD), Full Duplex DOCSIS (FDX), and Extended Spectrum DOCSIS (ESD).
Key Features and Benefits:
- Industry-leading loss and bandwidth extends reach and power of any outside plant, especially fiber deep Node+0 deployments and may upgrade plant bandwidth without amplifier respacing
- Reversed faceplate options of all tap SKUs, supporting change of RF direction in plant
- Base supports future faceplate upgrade of > 3GHz
- >15A continuous AC power passing, with uninterruptable AC/RF bypass
- Optional: Up to 3A drop power on single F tap port (powering small cell, 5G, etc) Not yet available.
- Plug in conditioner, supporting Cable Sim/EQ or Return Attenuation
- 90-degree, screw-less 5/8-24 entry port, increasing reliability and installation speed
- Environmentally hardened, powder-coated, chip resistant aluminum housing for extreme outdoor conditions
- Waterproof and RFI gaskets in faceplate. New material with any faceplate upgrade.