ETAP-XG 10G Network TAP, tap both copper & fibre Ethernet links
$1,424.00 incl GST
Dualcomm’s ETAP-XG 10G Network TAP captures data traffic of either copper or fibre link at data rates from 100Mb/s to 10Gb/s. Can be used in real-time industrial network and will not drop any packets no matter how busy data traffic is.
Key Features and Benefits:
- First of its kind on the market, an “One Size Fits All” Network TAP that is capable of tapping both copper & fibre Ethernet links from 100Mb/s up to 10Gb/s.
- Two inline network ports and two monitor ports are SFP+/SFP slots that support both fibre and copper SFP+/SFP transceiver modules with Ethernet data rates from 100Mb/s to 10Gb/s.
- Eliminate the optical split ratio issue when it is used as an optical TAP
- Zero packet delay
- Industrial operating temperature range from -25°C to 85°C
- Built-in a small metal case of a cigarette pack size.
- Patent pending.
100% Safe Online Checkout
100% Safe Online Checkout
Dualcomm ETAP-XG 10G Network TAP
Looking for a “One Size Fits All” Network Tap to capture data traffic of either copper or fibre link at data rates from 100Mb/s to 10Gb/s? Look no further with Dualcomm‘s patent-pending ETAP-XG 10G Network TAP that will surely be loved by many IT professionals. Featuring Dualcomm’s patent-pending XGigabit Sniffer Technique, the ETAP-XG 10G Network Tap is equipped with two inline ports and two monitor ports that supports either a copper or fibre SFP/SFP+ transceiver module.
Each of the two monitor ports outputs a copy of inline data traffic in one direction so that ETAP-XG 10G Network TAP will not drop any packets no matter how busy data traffic is.
ETAP-XG doesn’t introduce any packet delay, it can be used in a real-time industrial network.
When ETAP-XG is used as an optical TAP, there is no need to specify the optical split ratio as is usually required by many optical TAPs on the market. Also, the two monitor ports can be configured as two copper RJ45 ports.
The ETAP-XG is designed to operate under an extended temperature range from -25°C to 85°C for various industrial environments.
SFP+/SFP modules are also available that are qualified to work with ETAP-XG 10G Network TAP.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- I just wanted to check whether the ETAP-XG can aggregate both NET ports onto one MON port (like the ETAP-2003) or if both MON ports need to be used to capture both TX and RX packets?
ETAP-XG is a non-aggregation or breakout TAP, each monitor port outputs the captured traffic only in one direction. You need to use the two monitor ports at the same time to capture the full traffic (TX and RX).
- What is the temperature rating of this unit please?
The industrial operating temperature range is from -25°C to 85°C
- Does this unit do PoE pass through?
ETAP-XG doesn’t support PoE pass-through
- Are any vendor SFP/SFP+ supported? Including type
ETAP-XG works with any standard SFP/SFP+ transceivers with the exception that if gigabit copper SFPs are to be used, they have to be tri-speed (10/100/1000Base-T) SFPs, not fixed 1000Base-T SFPs.
- Can it do Link Failure propagation?
ETAP-XG doesn’t support link fault propagation, and it is not fail-safe either. The link will go down if power is removed.