Fibre Asset Management with RFID
Cable and Asset Management Solution
PatchPal provides visibility into physical communication networks whilst saving time taken to perform audits, reporting, network management, updates, installation, and error detection. The RFID-ready system identifies all cables and devices within an entire route. It includes mobile and desktop tools for engineers and managers so that work can be done in the office or in the field. A complete solution to simplify, identify, install, maintain, and monitor any large-scale physical network.
PatchPal is a system that helps people who work with communication networks to do their job faster and with more accuracy. The system uses RFID technology to identify all the cables and devices in a network, and provides information about their source and destination, equipment details, contact information, and other technical details.
The system can be used on both mobile and desktop devices, which allows engineers and managers to work from anywhere. It also provides a cable management solution that eliminates errors in design and installation and removes the need for paper labeling. This saves time and money by allowing pre-labeled patch leads to be shipped from factories, and controlling labeling standards.
A useful feature of PatchPal is the STOP and SCAN function, which helps to prevent unauthorized access to the network. This feature also logs events that happen on the network, which can be very helpful in troubleshooting network outages.
PatchPal is a complete solution that includes hardware, software, training, and support. It solves many problems that people encounter when working with communication networks and can help them to work more efficiently.
- Automated real-time mapping & monitoring
- Paperless records and asset management
- Data security and integrity
- Change control and authorization
- Search capability – easily locate a connector
- Minimizes downtime
- The elimination of incorrect labels
- Accuracy of data (single source of truth) for network operators
- Real-time tracking of each job in the field down to granular level
- Real-time tracking of link completions with auto notification
- Complete visibility of project progress
- Recovery work
- Fault finding
- Easily locating and identifying opposite connector end
- Provides network link integrity, ie visibility of live, decommissioned, pending, etc.
- Minimal cabling handling (causing less fibre failures)
- Provides accountability: complete history of each connector, ie who/when installed, changes, etc.
- Allows standardization for labelling across your entire network
- Link into asset and inventory management enabling more efficient processes due to complete visibility and transparency across entire supply chain, purchasing, stocktaking, etc.
Tools and Accessories:
- RFID enabled patchcords/pigtails
- RFID tags
- Portable RFID Reader/Writer (includes software application)
- RFID probe
- Cloud-based portal