Fibre Optic Specialist – Design
$1,204.50 incl GST
Due to COVID restrictions, this training will be conducted via live online ZOOM session
This training program is designed to introduce the student to the process of fibre optic network design and the implementation of that design in a real world project. It is intended for those looking to acquire the FOA CFOS/D Fibre Optic Network Design Specialist Certification, either as a contractor, installer or end user.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Technicians, installation and maintenance engineers and anyone operating in a fibre design environment.
It is helpful if the student has a basic knowledge of fibre optics (i.e. CFOT)
- What is involved in designing a fibre optic network
- How to choose components appropriate for communications systems
- How the proposed routing of the cable plant affects component choice and installation
- Using loss budgets to ensure the communications systems will work over the fibre optic proposed cable plant
- How to determine what should be tested and documented
- What paperwork and documentation will be needed for the project
- How to create a plan to install the project
- How to manage the installation