Fibre Optic Essentials
for Electricians and Installers
$654.50 incl GST
Due to COVID restrictions, this training will be conducted via live online ZOOM session
The Fibre Optic Essentials training course will impart with lectures and practical exercises the knowledge and skills required to install the latest fibre optic cabling in LAN & premises environments.
It covers safety, handling, installation, jointing, terminating and testing of optical backbones and horizontal runs, helping to avoid costly installation errors caused when cables and connectors are incorrectly handled.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Electricians, technicians, installation and maintenance engineers and anyone that has to install, commission or maintain fibre optic links & connected equipment.
SOME COURSE BENEFITS:
- Be able to correctly install, terminate and test fibre cables
- Be able to correctly install, pigtail splice and test single-mode and multimode cables
- Understand and comply with fibre safety standards
- Reduce maintenance calls & installation time caused by incorrect installation & termination
- To clarify fibre optics technology, components and operation
- To explain singlemode and multimode implementations, cables, connectors, safety, handling & cleanliness
- Understand the applications for the different links & how to test them