Thunderbolt® PTP Grandmaster Clock
Thunderbolt® PTP Grandmaster Clock designed for Small Cell and LTE Advanced Deployments
The Trimble Thunderbolt® PTP Grandmaster Clock is designed for the telecom market, for use at the edge of wireless networks requiring phase synchronization. The GM200 provides continuous availability of UTC traceable time for phase synchronization, a must for LTE-Advanced networks and services.
The Thunderbolt PTP GM200 employs industry-leading Trimble GNSS performance and world-class holdover technology. It tolerates harsh environmental conditions, supporting both indoors & outdoors deployments with an extended operating temperature range (-40 to +85 C).
The Thunderbolt PTP GM200 supports small cells networks that require phase synchronization. Although it is designed with keeping small cells in mind, it meets Marco base station requirements for synchronization. Due to its small size, low cost, superior accuracy, reliability, and flexibility of deployment options, the risk of network reconfiguration and load variance on IEEE-1588 signal quality is reduced.
Key Features and Benefits
- IEEE 1588 PTP Grandmaster Clock (Supports 16 PTP unicast clients @ 128pkt/s)
- Low cost reduces CAPEX of LTE TDD, LTE-A & small cell projects
- Multi-Constellation (GPS, GLONASS, Beidou & Galileo ready)
- Extended environmental capabilities enable deployment in difficult locations where small cells and LTE-A base stations are deployed
- Within 15 nanoseconds (one sigma) of GNSS/UTC
- Holdover of ±1.5us over 4hours
- Dedicated management port (1xRJ45)
- IPv4 and IPv6 Support
- VLAN support
- Inputs: GNSS, 1588-PTP and SyncE
- Outputs: 1588-PTP, NTP, SyncE, PPS,and 10MHz
- Superior holdover performance via Trimble proprietary technology gives extra time error budget for network design and dimensioning