Rack-mounted test unit for remote BER tests
The MAP-2100 rack-mounted network tester is the one tool that data center operators need to remotely test the transmission quality of the network connecting its data centers, central offices, or headends.
Securing the integrity of data stored in data centers is so important that most data center operators back up data to other data centers via high-performance network links. To maintain the performance of those connections and to verify SLAs, a data center must frequently perform bit-error-rate (BER) tests on Ethernet line rates up to 100G and beyond, as well as OTN, CWDM, or DWDM circuits. The problem is that many data centers have very few if any, technicians to run tests ensuring the quality of connections.
- Optimized for remote, un-manned testing with a rack-mounted design and remote management functionality
- Ethernet testing, 1G through 100G line rates (1G,10G, 25G, 40G, 100G)
- Complete support of protocols including Ethernet, OTN, SONET/SDH, PDH, Fibre Channel up to 32G, CPRI, OBSAI, eCPRI
- Remotely test the transmission quality of the network links connecting data centers or central offices/head-ends
- Converged Ethernet/IP network testing and troubleshooting at 10 Mbps to 112G interfaces for data centers and core / metro networks
- Installation and maintenance of OTN and legacy SONET/SDH and DSx/PDH networks