Tube MidSpan Slitting Tool, Small, Blue, 2.3-2.8mm
$223.85 incl GST
Tube MidSpan Slitting Tool
Mid-span longitudinal loose tube slitting tool.
Used to access fibers within loose tubes (2.3-2.8mm O.D.) at mid-span locations.
It cuts two longitudinal slits (at approx. 180 degrees) allowing for safe removal of fibers from within the tube.
A similar tube mid span splitter suitable for 2.8mm diameter tubes is also available.
Corning Loose Tube Splitter.
Mid-span longitudinal loose tube slitting tool for the removal of loose tube elements from fiber optic cables
Tube MidSpan Slitting Tool Instruction Sheet
- Ensure tube size is in range indicated on tube splitter.
- Remove tube to be cut from slot.
*Warning – do not ring cut tube before using tube splitter
- Open tube splitter and place around tube at start of desired cut and close fully.
- Pull in desired direction until end of cut.
*Splitter may be pulled along the tube in either direction
- Open tube splitter and remove tube
- Separate the two halves of tube and cut away with scissors or similar