PatchPal – Automating Cable Management with RFID
PatchPal provides visibility into physical communication networks whilst saving time taken to perform audits, reporting, network management, updates, installation, and error detection. The RFID-ready system identifies all cables and devices within an entire route. It includes mobile and desktop tools for engineers and managers so that work can be done in the office or in the field. A complete solution to simplify, identify, install, maintain, and monitor any large-scale physical network.
Tools and Accessories:
- RFID enabled patchcords/pigtails
- RFID tags
- Portable RFID Reader/Writer (includes software application)
- RFID probe
- Cloud-based portal
- Automated real-time mapping & monitoring
- Paperless records and asset management
- Data security and integrity
- Change control and authorization
- Search capability – easily locate a connector
- Minimizes downtime
- The elimination of incorrect labels
- Accuracy of data (single source of truth) for network operators
- Real-time tracking of each job in the field down to granular level
- Real-time tracking of link completions with auto notification
- Complete visibility of project progress
- Recovery work
- Fault finding
- Easily locating and identifying opposite connector end
- Provides network link integrity, ie visibility of live, decommissioned, pending, etc.
- Minimal cabling handling (causing less fibre failures)
- Provides accountability: complete history of each connector, ie who/when installed, changes, etc.
- Allows standardization for labelling across your entire network
- Link into asset and inventory management enabling more efficient processes due to complete visibility and transparency across entire supply chain, purchasing, stocktaking, etc.