Dual-Link/Dual-Mode Failsafe 10/100/1000Base-T Network Tap
ETAP-5203 from Dualcomm is a gigabit copper Network Tap capable of simultaneously monitoring two 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet links. ETAP-5203 stands out on the market as a failsafe GbE Network Tap without using a cooling fan due to its low-power design and several other unique features.
ETAP-5203 provides two copper inline link interfaces with two aggregation monitor ports. Each copper inline link interface consists of two RJ45 ports.
This gigabit copper Network Tap can operate in one of two operation modes: Dual-Tap Mode and Dual-Link Mode, which is manually pre-configured by a DIP switch. Power recycling is required to change the operation mode. When it operates in the Dual-Tap Mode, it functions as two independent copper GbE Network Taps, each of the two monitor ports outputs a copy of aggregated full-duplex traffic of the corresponding copper inline link. When it operates in the Dual-Link Mode, each of the two monitor ports outputs a copy of aggregated full-duplex traffic of the two copper inline links.
Key Features and Benefits:
- A single device for monitoring two GbE (10/100/1000Base-T) Ethernet links simultaneously
- Support two operation modes configurable by a DIP switch
- Dual-Tap Mode: device operates as two independent GbE Ethernet Taps
- Dual-Link Mode: each of the two monitors outputs a copy of aggregated full-duplex traffic of two GbE Ethernet links
- Low power and fan-less design
- Support Power Failsafe Bypass
- Support Link Fault Pass-Through
- Compatible with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)
- Rack mountable with an optional 1U rack-shelf (sold separately)