10/100/1000Base-T Network Tap
The ETAP-2003 from Dualcomm is a Network Tap for use with a 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet link. ETAP-2003 is solidly constructed with a metal case and is probably the smallest in size of all the GbE Network Taps available on the market.
The ETAP-2003 can be powered from a computer’s USB port with a built-in inrush current limiting circuit to prevent the computer from possible damages or disturbances by an instantaneous current surge. It is compatible with “Power over Ethernet” (PoE) so that deployment of an ETAP-2003 Network Tap would not block the end-to-end flow of PoE inline power, which is a very useful feature for monitoring or capturing data traffic of a PoE Ethernet link.
As a network monitoring and troubleshooting instrument, ETAP-2003 is highly reliable with consistence performance. It has been tested with the maximum in-line cable length of 200 meters at a full 1Gbps data throughput with no single packet loss.
All these make it an ideal portable network traffic sniffing device for monitoring and troubleshooting data traffic in a 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet network.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Network Tap for use with a 10/100/1000Base-T link
- Reliable and high performance. Tested with maximum in-line cable length (200m) at full 1Gbps data throughput with no single packet loss
- Capable of being powered from a computer’s USB port with built-in inrush current limiting circuit to prevent the computer from possible damages or disturbances by instantaneous current surge
- Compatible with PoE with PoE power pass-through between two inline ports
- Solid constructed with metal case. Probably the smallest portable GbE Network Tap available on the market
- Replacement for Dualcomm DCGS-2005 and DCGS-2005L network taps