Scorpion-USB™ 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Fiber Adapter 100Base-FX
Use the Scorpion-USB™ Fast Ethernet Fiber Adapter to create an EMI-secure data connection between a USB port on a PC, laptop or tablet and a 100Mbps Ethernet fiber port on a switch. This unique USB to fiber adapter is ideal for use in applications where wireless transmission is not the preferred technology due to security concerns or where copper lacks the bandwidth, distance or security for sharing data-intensive files. The Scorpion-USB Fast Ethernet Fiber Adapter allows a computing device that does not have a fiber port to connect to a fiber-based Ethernet network through a USB 2.0 interface.
Designed specifically for laptop, notebook, and tablet PCs running today’s most popular operating systems and deployed in fiber-rich networking environments, the Scorpion-USB Fast Ethernet Fiber Adapter allows a secure connection to a fiber-based Ethernet network through a USB 2.0 port. Just plug the adapter into the USB port, install the driver, and the connection is ready.
- Fast Ethernet fiber connection through a USB interface is more secure than copper or wireless transmission
- Bus powered device, no external power supply needed
- Advanced power-saving mode to preserve PC battery life
- Multimode SC, LC, or industry standard SFP fiber port (SFP sold separately)
- LEDs to indicate USB Speed/Activity and fiber Link / Activity
- Plastic ABS enclosure with a 6” pigtail to USB type-A connector
- WHQL-certified drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, as well as numerous other operating systems