GigaXtend Universal Access Node
ATX’s next-generation GigaXtend universal node is a forward-looking, futureproof solution that enables MSOs to fully capitalize on the capabilities of Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) and digital technologies, while seamlessly accommodating future technologies and architectures as they become available.
The GigaXtend™ UN3000 delivers superior power dissipation. Its built-in support for future spectrum expansion to 3GHz and higher empowers MSOs to address near-term requirements for Remote PHY Device (RPD) or Remote MAC-PHY Device (RMD) applications, as well as provides a roadmap for future and simultaneous support of additional DAA applications, including DOCSIS® 4.0, Extended Spectrum DOCSIS® (ESD), Remote OLT, wireless backhaul and Internet of Things (IoT). The unit’s new and environmentally-hardened housing ensures that MSOs are able to realize the unfettered evolution of their networks without the need to replace expensive outside plant equipment for the next several years.
The GigaXtend UN3000 Universal Access Node is a futureproof solution that enables MSOs to fully capitalize on the capabilities of Distributed Access Architecture (DAA), while seamlessly accommodating future technologies and architectures as they become available. Designed to support the eventual Generic Access Platform (GAP) specification, the UN3000 delivers superior power dissipation and includes built-in support for spectrum expansions to 3GHz and higher.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Supports 3GHz passband
- All internal modules removable without removing hardline coax connectors
- Passes power through all ports with modules removed for centralized power topologies
- Innovative seizure mechanism and 5MHz-to-3GHz power choke
- Individual RF modules per port or 2/4 port RF tray
- Supports DPD and FDX modules
- 200W power dissipation
- Supports high-power devices, CBRS radio, edge-compute, PON OLT, multiple RPD/RMDs
- Power supply efficiency of 90%